Despite the current pandemic, we’re still amidst a busy holiday travel season. This wonderful season can become one of the most stressful times because of flight delays, crowded airports, or lack of planning. Fortunately, there are various ways you and your group can experience stress-free holiday travel.
Figure Out Which Means of Transport to Use
A major part of your journey is getting from one place to another. Whether traveling locally or abroad, there are various transportation options to choose from. You can rent a van, take the bus, or walk, depending on your travel needs. Here are some common modes of transportation you can take on your holiday trip:
- Bikes: Biking is a fun and healthy way to get around the city. Most major cities have bike-sharing services, such as SG Bike in Singapore, Divvy in Chicago, and the Donkey Republic in some European cities. You can also turn this into a fun activity by heading to scenic biking destinations, or you can also go winter cycling.
- Trains: Trains are a great way to commute around the city as they are convenient, roomy, and give you time to relax. Most trains even have Wi-Fi to let you stay connected while you travel. If you have a long trip ahead of you, you can read a book, watch movies, or listen to music to avoid boredom.
- Boats: From small boats to huge ferries, this mode of transportation is worth checking out as it provides a spectacular view of the city. If you plan on having a European getaway, some of their countries offer ferry rides from one country to another, providing an interesting alternative to flying.
- Buses: Buses are a great way to see a city as they usually run right on schedule, so always keep the schedule list with you. For public transportation, make sure you have cash or coins and for chartered buses, double-check if you’re hopping on the right one.
- Walking: Many cities are easier and more fun to explore on foot. Being on the streets lets you engage more with the people around you and appreciate beautiful views and architecture.
Work with a Travel Advisor
A travel advisor can help you make decisions efficiently and take over any unexpected issues. They are experts in handling challenging travels, especially if many people are involved. They can resolve issues quickly if something goes wrong, and they can also secure perks, VIP treatment, and extra value for you.
Aside from saving you time and money, your travel advisor is always available before, during, and after your trip, so you can enjoy and relax. Travel headaches such as a delayed flight or lost luggage will be handled by your agent, so you don’t have to.
Do Your Research
Whether you decide to travel locally or abroad, it’s important to do your research, so you know what to expect. Traveling can be exhilarating and intimidating, especially if you’re off to a foreign country. One way to get a first-hand perspective on various destinations is to read travel blogs.
Looking for great travel blogs only takes a quick Google search. Find bloggers with similar travel styles and interests as yours because their recommendations are guaranteed useful. Also, read freshly published blogs to ensure the information is up to date.
Find Fun Activities for the Whole Group
While you can always opt for flexible and spontaneous activities, it’s good to plan fun activities for your group. Here are some best adventurous activities you can do on your holiday trip:
- Try Indoor Skydiving: Enjoy the thrill of skydiving at iFlySingapore, where you can experience a 10,000 feet freefall in a five-story wind tunnel. It’s a fun activity to do with your friends while also gaining improved mental flexibility and physical strength.
- Take a Ranch Holiday: You can experience the cattle ranch life and live like a cowboy by having an American adventure holiday. Head to the Dixie Dude Ranch in Texas, where you can go swimming, hiking, and horseback riding. You can also join the evening dances and campfire sing-alongs.
- Go Trekking at the Corcovado National Park Rainforest: Costa Rica is one of the most biodiverse countries worldwide, where you can see a wide array of wonderful creatures. You can also go hiking or unwind at their wonderful beaches.
A holiday with your closest friends is a great way to explore something new while creating your best memories. Regardless of whether it’s a simple or luxury vacation, it’s important to remember these essential travel tips to make the most out of your getaway.