Maternity is a special period in a woman’s life. But it can also be a difficult one, both physically and emotionally. So taking care of yourself during this time is crucial for you and your baby. This is especially important if you’re planning to get your photo taken! Here’s what you need to know about maternity and dry skin.
Maternity and Dry Skin
Maternity is a time when your skin is going through some changes. The increased levels of estrogen and progesterone can cause your skin to become dry, itchy, and sensitive. In addition, the growing baby puts pressure on your blood vessels, which can lead to broken blood vessels and spider veins.
Pregnant women are also more susceptible to skin conditions such as melasma (or “the mask of pregnancy”), which is caused by the increased production of melanin, and pemphigoid gestationis, an autoimmune disease that causes blisters on the abdomen. So, if you’re planning to take your maternity photograph, consider these options to make your skin glow beforehand.
Get Plenty of Sleep
Make sure to get plenty of sleep during pregnancy. Sleep deprivation can cause many skin problems, including dark circles, dullness, and wrinkles. A good night’s sleep will help your skin repair and give you a much-needed energy boost. If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep, follow these tips:
Start a Routine
Women who have problem sleeping often don’t have a sleeping routine. Here are some things you should do to start your routine:
- Devices off: An hour before you sleep, put away all screens. This includes your phone, laptop, and television. The blue light emitted from screens can interfere with your natural sleep cycle.
- Dim the lights: Turn off any bright lights in your room and use a dimmer switch for a relaxing ambiance.
- Read: Curl up with a good book before bed. This will help you wind down and prepare for sleep.
Once you do these things, you should be able to start a sleeping routine.
Tea can help you relax before bed and improve the quality of your sleep. Chamomile, lavender, and lemon balm tea are beneficial for promoting sleep.
Cool Your Room
Your body temperature drops when you sleep, so it’s essential to have a cool room. This will help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
Sleep on Your Left Side
Sleeping on your left side can improve circulation and prevent pressure on your veins. It’s also the best position for pregnant women since it decreases the risk of stillbirth.
Eat Healthy Foods
Pregnancy can be a time when women let their healthy eating habits slide. But unhealthy eating habits will show up on your skin. So make sure to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. And drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. Additionally, here are some essential foods you should add to your diet:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Salmon, walnuts, and flaxseed are all excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients help to keep your skin moisturized and can reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps your body produce collagen, essential for keeping your skin looking young and healthy. Eat foods like oranges, grapefruit, and leafy greens to get your daily dose of vitamin C.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect your skin from damage. Foods like almonds, sunflower seeds, and spinach are all rich in vitamin E.
Exercise is essential for both your physical and mental health during pregnancy. It can help improve your circulation and increase the oxygen levels in your blood, giving you a natural glow. However, be sure to talk to your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.
Avoid Sun Exposure
Your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy, so avoiding too much sun exposure is essential. When you do go outside, make sure to wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. And if you’re going to be in the sun for extended periods, wear protective clothing such as hats and sunglasses.
Choose the Right Photography Service
Your skin might be perfect, but it doesn’t mean it would look the same in the photo. If you’re planning to take your picture with your baby, then you also want to choose the right service. An expert maternity photography service will know how to make your skin glow in the photos. They can help you choose the right outfits and lighting to make you look your best. With their expert guidance, you’ll have timeless photos you can cherish forever.
Taking care of yourself during pregnancy is crucial for you and your baby. These five tips will help you make your skin glow during maternity. Once you do these tips, you can find a professional photographer to help you take some fantastic pictures.